Do I have to register for every book in order to gain access?
No. Many of our books are Open Educational Resources (OERs) and do not require an account to access. Only out Paid title require you to purchase/register.
What benefits do I get from purchaing/registering for a book?
You will be able to track your progress, take quizzes, and receive a certificate of completion.
How do I register for a book?
How do I purchase a book?
- If you already have an account at myText, click the “Login” menu item and log in to myText with your username and password. If you do not have an account with myText, you can create one by clicking the “Login” menu item and filling out the register form or by providing an email during checkout which will be used create an account for you automatically.
- Click the “Catalog” menu item.
- Find the book you would like to purchase and click “More info”.
- Click the “Purchase this book” button, this will redirect you to your cart.
- Review your cart and click “Proceed to checkout”.
- Fill out your information on the checkout page and make sure your email address is correct.
- Click “Proceed to PayPal”.
- If you have a PayPal account you would like to use, log in to your PayPal account and complete your purchase. If you want to continue without a PayPal account, complete your purchase by entering your billing information via the PayPal guest checkout option.
- Once your purchase is successful, navigate back to myText and click the “My Books” menu item to access your purchased book.
I purchased a book, but I don't see it on the "My Books page".
Verify that you are logged in to the account that you used to purchase your book. Your username will most likely be the email you used at checkout. If you created an account during checkout, look for a confirmation email from myText in both your inbox and junk mail. For further assistance, please email a CNM Online Multimedia Specialist.
I already purchased The History of New Mexico from a website other than myText. Can I still have access to the book on myText?
Yes, please email a CNM Online Multimedia Specialist.with your name and email you used to purchase the book previously. We will verify your past purchase and give you access to your textbook on myText.