- A PDF, GoogleDoc or Word.doc of the full text to be included should be submitted to Distance Learning. All references should be supplied at the end in APA or MLA style.
- Objectives, quizzes, and captions must be provided by the author and/or content expert.Glossary terms should be provided in a spreadsheet with their definitions; each letter should be its own sheet.
- Distance Learning will provide a spreadsheet in order to work collaboratively with you to track your images, videos, audio and links.
- Images should be supplied as high resolution JPG files. These should be equal to or greater than 768 pixels tall and 1024 pixels wide. All images must be supplied with a caption and an attribution. Attributions are in APA or MLA style.
- For panoramic tours, images supplied must be at least 1546 pixels tall. Each panorama also requires a long description about what is in the panorama; e.g. a panorama tour of the library would have the name of the library, services provided, hours, and phone number.
- Videos should be supplied as MP4 files or provide links to Youtube. Videos should be less than 5 minutes in duration. If these videos have a voice-over/narrator, a transcript should also be provided as an RTF. All credits for the video should appear at the end in APA or MLA style.
- Audio files should be supplied as MP3 files. Audio files should be less than 5 minutes in length. Attributions should be supplied in APA or MLA style.
- A list of hyperlinks should be provided for external web resources. Each link should come with a short title describing what the link is and specifications about what text the link is related to. Links can go to text based web pages, YouTube videos, and multimedia tours.
- The link destinations cannot be to Flash-based content because iPads do not support Flash content.
All images must meet one of the following requirements:
Public domain: The image must be in Public Domain and have clear documentation which verifies the image is indeed in the Public Domain.
Creative Commons: The image must be licensed under Creative Commons as CC BY, CC BY-SA, or CC BY-ND. Images licensed as CC BY-NC, CC BY-NC-SA, or CC BY-NC-ND can- not be used. Clear documentation must be provided which verifies the images are Creative Commons with its specific license.
Copyright: Any image which is copyrighted must have documentation clearly stating Central New Mexico Community College has permission to use the image with their sig- nature on a form provided by CNM. In some cases, museums and other entities have their own forms which can be used instead of CNM’s. If the image is purchased the invoice must be included in the documentation.
- Stock Images: Any stock images must have documentation of the invoice and licensed purchased.
- All videos must have documentation for any image, audio files, and video clips used in a video. A release form must be signed by anyone who appears on film and/or performs a voice over. The attributions will be included in the credits of the video as well as the end of the text.
- All audio files must have a signed release form from the person who’s voice is recorded. If an audio files is purchased, the invoice and license must be supplied.
- Last name, first initial. (Role). (Year). Title of work [type of work]. Museum or collection if applicable, city of collection or museum if known. Retrieved from database, license or call number if applicable.
- Smith, J. (Photographer). (2015). My dog [photograph]. The Best Museum, Somewhere. #567234.
- Doe, J. (Artist). (1798). Your dog [painting]. Retrieved from Wikimedia Commons, CC BY 3.0.
- Interview with Full Name of Interviewee, Title, Affiliation. Filmed by Name of Film Crew or Production Team at Location. Date.
- Interview with Jane Doe, Professor of Subject Matter, Best University. Filmed by Enchantext Films Unlimited at Central New Mexico Community College. October 31, 2015.
- Last name, first initial. (Copyright year). Title of work [medium of recording]. Location: Label. (Date of recording if different from copyright date).
- Smith, J. (2013). My video voice-over [digital]. Albuquerque, N.M.: Central New Mexico Community College.