Distance Learning Information
The media specialist in Distance Learning, Jacob Lujan (firstname.lastname@example.org( 505)224-4000 x53086), can be contacted for some of the following services. The OER course designer is Bryn Campbell (email@example.com, 224-4000 x54136)
Distance Learning provides:
- Consults with faculty early in the process. After receiving Dean’s approval, please contact either Jacob Lujan or Bryn Campbell to set up a meeting to discuss your project needs regarding Creation or Adaptation of OER.
- Transfer of textbooks or other materials from GoogleDoc or Word.Doc into MyText for publication.
- Services related to formatting OER materials for web distribution to CNM Students.
- Explains or demonstrate what can be done and make recommendations for enhancements, which include technical and content.
- ADA tagging/styling
- Content organization
- Media creation*
- User experience
- Design elements
- Review ADA accessibility checklist found at http://bit.ly/2gQylAT.
- Complete OER text (100%) and meet ADA accessibility standards.
- Complete peer review by an outside faculty member or editor, using the Editorial Review Checklist here.
- Complete review by a Disability Resource Center representative. https://www.cnm.edu/depts/disability-resource-center
- Maintain an up-to-date copy of the OER text.
- Provide required media or “media wish-list” to Distance Learning.
- Organize and contract licensed media that falls outside of the public domain.
- Submit to DL via OneDrive, Google Doc, or SharePoint for easy collaboration.