Compiled and created by Jennifer Schaller and Tammy Wolf
Edited by Bradley Joseph, Patricia O’Connor, Mattie Hensley, Sandra Rourke, Melanie Rodriguez, Jennifer Krohn Bourgeois, Chris Ortiz Y Prentice.
Unless otherwise noted, all the text is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.
This textbook is a derivative of seven creative commons texts—Successful Writing, Writer’s Handbook, A Guide to Perspective Analysis, Writing, Rhetoric and Composition, English for Business Success, and Visual Rhetoric. Jennifer Schaller and Tammy Wolf reduced the original text content; additionally, they created original introductions and added original chapters, licensed as CC BY-SA 4.0.
- Chapter 4: Writing for Different Rhetorical Situations
- Chapter 5: Considering Audience
- Chapter 6: Drafting Strategies
- Chapter 7: Outlining
- Chapter 8: Thesis Development
- Chapter 9: Paragraph Development
- Chapter 9.1: Paragraph Development contd.
- Chapter 10: Revising and Peer Review
- Chapter 10.1: Revising and Peer Review contd.
- Chapter 19: What is Analysis?
- Chapter 20: Considering Your Subjectivity
- Chapter 21: Developing an Analysis from a Critical Reading of Examples
- Chapter 21.1: Developing an Analysis from a Critical Reading of Examples contd.
- Chapter 22: Using Interpretation to Develop Thesis
- Chapter 23: Explanations and Significance: Developing Your Analysis
- Chapter 23.1: Explanations and Significance: Developing Your Analysis contd.
- Chapter 24: Analyzing Visual Rhetoric
- Chapter 25: The Analytical Essay: Expressing Your Points of View
- Chapter 25.1: The Analytical Essay: Expressing Your Point of View contd.
- Chapter 30: Developing Your Research Process
- Chapter 31: Gathering Reliable Information
- Chapter 31.1: Gathering Reliable Information contd.
- Chapter 32: Evaluating Sources
- Chapter 33: Compiling and Managing Research
- Chapter 34: Drafting Your Paper
- Chapter 35: Annotated Bibliography
- Chapter 36: Using Modern Language Association (MLA) Style
- Chapter 36.1: Tables, Figures, and In-text Citations
- Chapter 36.2: Works Cited
- Chapter 37: Formatting an APA Style Paper
- Chapter 38: APA Citing and Referencing Techniques
- Chapter 39: Creating an APA References Section